II Corinthians Twelve

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Okay, here it is!


This is what Melody called and told Doug about the meeting with the doctors. Dad has AML M-4. M4-M8 is the scale of how far along the cancer cells are. Dad is at half way. His Chemo is 3/7 which means 3 days of one type of chemo and 7 days of another. He has a 50% chance of remission. A Bone Marrow transplant is a possibility but Aunt Carol would be the only one who could possibly be a match. There is a 50% fatality rate. Dad should have fewer side effects from the chemo because of the drugs that they have been giving him. They are starting blood transfusions tonight and he will have surgery to have a chest catheter tomorrow. He will be receiving two different kinds of Chemo therapy. The first one he has been getting since Friday is to bring his white blood cell count down. He has responded well to this. The second is to kill off the bad blood marrow. There is 50% chance of remission. Mom and Dad were pretty shaken up when they were told these things. Doug and I were aware of some of this because of our Internet research, but it is still hard to comprehend. Please pray for Dad's spirits. I think so much depends on his spirits. He needs to keep them up. Mom too. Dad will be in the hospital for 4 - 6 weeks this time. If you want to share some especially meaningful Bible verses that you have found helpful, please do. I will post them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice family photo!

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.
Bonnie

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home