II Corinthians Twelve

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Dad's surgery

One more update. Dad is having surgery to put a catheter his chest for the next phase of chemo tomorrow at 11:30 AM. It should last an hour and he will not be totally put to sleep. Melody said he is a little worried about it. Mom says that the doctor says there is a 1 - 2 % chance that something could go wrong but it isn't likely.
I am headed down tomorrow after Danny gets of the school bus. Meanwhile I will be going in to work to tell my boss that I am quitting. Not an easy task. I am asking for prayer as I do this. She is not a compassionate person and isn't very nice.
"His grace is sufficient"

5 Comments:

Blogger Janice said...

We were so sorry to hear of Steve's illness. Our prayers and support are with all of you. If we can do anything for anyone, please let us know. Let Steve and Jan know we are praying for them. Remember Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." This verse has gotten us through a lot. Though we rarely understand the reasons why things happen, if we put it in God's hands and trust Him, we can get through anything. If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it. We love you all.
Dennis & Janice Baum

6:43 AM  
Blogger davidrotz said...

Heidi,
Don't know if you remember me or not, but your family was in my life way back in high school. I have always felt you Father is a wonderful human being, and I enjoyed every minute I had to spend with him and he always had advise that if listened to, was helpful. I will keep your father, and your whole family, in my thoughts. Let you Father know that when he gets well, I would love to beat him in yet another game of basketball.
David H. Rotz

8:07 AM  
Blogger davidrotz said...

Heidi,
I don't know if you remember me or not, but I used to hang out with your Brother Marcus. I also went on a family trip with you guys to Geauge Lake (not sure on the spelling). I believe you Father is one of the best human beings I have encountered in my life, and I still enjoy the memories that we share. I will keep him and your whole family in my thoughts, and if you could, let him know that when he gets well, I would enjoy whipping him in a basketball game anytime.
David H. Rotz

8:10 AM  
Blogger heidichandler said...

Hey David,
Yeah, I remember you. I passed on your note to my parents. Dad was pleased to hear from you.
Thanks you for your kind thoughts.
Heidi

5:57 AM  
Blogger heidichandler said...

Mom and Dad Baum,
Thank you so much. I don't know any other way to get this to you since I don't have an e-mail address for you. I hope you check this again and see this. I hope that while I am down in Lowellville, I can stop in and see you. We will talk then.
Love,
Heidi

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home