II Corinthians Twelve

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

I spent the day with Dad yesterday

Hello everyone. Yesterday I spent almost all day with him. Oddly, we didn't speak much. He slept most of the time. He is still in a lot of pain and he still isn't eating well. There was talking of feeding him thru the IV. They don't like to do that since it is hard on the veins but Dad needs the energy in order to fight all this stuff off and get better. He really should start feeling better soon. I expect by the weekend but you never know.
Momma went home yesterday to get some things done. That is one reason why I went up yesterday. It gave Momma peace of mind to know Daddy wasn't alone. His feet are still a little swollen but they look a lot better then they did last weekend. They are still giving him Lasix to help get rid of the last of the fluid in is legs. His back is giving him some trouble from laying in bed so much and his throat and stomach are stilling causing him quite a bit of pain. it seems as if he forgets that he has the Morphine pump to help with the pain and I reminded him of it twice yesterday to help with his throat and his back.
We got a close up view of the lightening from yesterdays storm. It was kind of scary to see it up close. Glad I wasn't in Elyria last night. I guess they got a tornado. I waited for Mom to get back to the hospital and then she spent some time with Dad and when he sent her home to sleep, I followed her to the Greve's to make sure she made it okay. She had been really tired when she left the hospital to head to Lowellville in the morning and she had planned on taking a nap. It never happened. I wanted to drive her home and then I was going to drive her back up this morning while Danny was in school but she wanted her car. She did fine and she unloaded a bunch of food she brought back from the house in Lowellville and gave it to us. What a blessing!
In my encounters yesterday, I met a lady from Medina who's 26 year old daughter Megan has the exact same kind of Leukemia as Daddy. She was in remission for a year and it came back. they too, are trying for a transplant. I told her we would be praying for them. I don't know anymore then what I just told you. Also, Dad's roommate was told that there was nothing more they could do for him. He feels great and he is anxious to get home to get everything done. They gave him 4 months. He has a leukemia mass on his heart. I don't know his name. I am sorry. As you pray for Daddy, please keep these other families in your prayers as well.
I will write more as I hear things. Thank you so much for your prayers! We feel them daily. God continues to provide for Momma and Daddy in so many ways and we know your prayers are helping! Momma says that when they are feeling their worst, something just comes over them and things turn around. It usually coincides with prayer meeting times or times when someone tells them that they are praying. I can't tell you how much we appreciate your prayers. It is the most important thing you can do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home