II Corinthians Twelve

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Friday, March 09, 2007

A Lot To Tell

Hello to all. Doug and I were up to see Dad tonight. Aunt Carol was there for a few minutes so we got a chance to catch up. Melody showed up a little while later! We found out a lot of info tonight. I guess they found out yesterday that Aunt Carol is NOT a match to Daddy. This is not too disappointing as they have already found 2 potential donors who are good donors, at least as far as the initial testing is. (ANSWER TO PRAYER) Dad's white blood cell count is down, his platelets and hemoglobin is up. These are all good things. His kidneys are functioning almost normally (MAJOR ANSWER TO PRAYER HERE FOLKS!) and there doesn't seem to be any problem with his liver. That was just a rant on Dad's part. The fluid around his heart and lungs is gone but his feet are still swollen.
The doctor was very positive about the bone marrow transplant possibilities. Dad WILL NOT have to be in remission for sixth months. They can do it as early as 6 days after remission! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She was also positive about the fact that Dad's age is a plus for him and also, Dad is doing very well for a cancer patient and that is very good for the transplant too!
More news. They are talking about moving him back to his old floor but they have to wait for a bed to open up. When this happens, Dad will be back to using his cell phone. Now, the number to his cell phone has been changed so here is the new number (440)821-7182. Mom and I talked some tonight. She is very tired but she is really doing very well! She gets good sleep at night and has tons of help with all the paper work and stuff that needs to be taken care of. She has mentioned a number of times that it has been obvious from the start that the Cleveland Clinic is right where they need to be right now. God has shown them this over and over and over again. There are still some hurdles to get over but Mom and Dad are taking it one day at a time.
Dad was not having a great day. He was vomiting some and he felt really weak. We are hoping that he will start feeling better starting tomorrow.
I think that is all the news for now. I know I am probably forgetting something but I will try to add more as I know it.
I know that many of you are anxious for news everyday. Please know that when I get news, I will add it to the blog. I do not update the blog everyday because quite often, there just isn't anything to report. I really don't want to get on the blog everyday just to say there isn't anything new to report.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home