II Corinthians Twelve

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Direct from Mom via e-mail

Hi Everyone!

Heidi has probably updated the web site but thought I would give you the latest. I stayed at church only long enough to play for the singing and then went back to the hospital. Daddy was still not feeling well and was running a high fever. I sat down in the recliner and read for a while because he finally felt like reading the paper. After that, the nurses had been coming and going and giving more antibiotics and taking vitals etc. so I sat down beside the bed and we opened the mail. I read all of the Christmas cards and get well cards(including one signed by all of the MPC choir members) to him and then read all of the family Christmas newsletters that accompanied many of the cards. About half way through all that his fever broke and he started perspiring, so that was good. He thought about watching TV but when he called a short while ago he said he was going to ask for his Percocet and go to sleep. He (we) are on a roller coaster as far as how he feels from hour to hour.

Dan from our former choir at MPC stopped by today and Pastor Dayton too. After they left Steve was pretty tired out so he asked me to put a sign on the door asking visitors to limit their visit to 5 or 10 minutes. Later on when he started getting chills and shaking violently he asked me to make a NO VISITORS sign....so that is the status at the moment. Who knows, tomorrow he may want to see lots of people. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dan brought a beautiful poinsettia, so I had to bring that home. The church folks gave me more food - cookies and cake - and money for gas and the men of the church are bringing part of the Christmas ingathering to us tomorrow afternoon. Our youth Pastor's wife gave me a meat loaf (which, I just remembered, is still in the trunk - at least it is cold enough!)

Tomorrow morning I am hoping to get Ed to go with me to Mc Guffey Plaza for the Job and Family Services appt. I still have to gather all the stuff they want. I know they will want "official" verification of my income and I am as "official" as it gets. Those kind of places NEVER believe me, so I know it will be a hassle. : (

Well, my bed is covered with gifts to be wrapped, so I need to get busy on that while I wait for Ed, Tina and Melanie to arrive. Thought I would give everyone the news at the same time. Talked to Dennis and to G & G tonight. Their church caroled for them so that was nice. We had a Civil War reenactment group - in costume - carol for us up and down the halls of our department. That was very nice. Daddy's nurses know him well now so they all check up on him even if they are assigned to other patients or other areas of the hospital for the day.
We love you all.
Resting in the Lord,
Steve & Jan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home