II Corinthians Twelve

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Blog Notes 2/12/07

Dear Friends and Family,
Well, Janice and I went to the oncologist today and the signals are mixed. The white blood cell count is up where it is supposed to be at this point, the platelet count is good, but the hemoglobin is down slightly. The doctor gave no reason for that. Janice asked if it had to do with my diet and he gave an emphatic"NO!" So, tomorrow or Wednesday I will under go another bone marrow test to see if it is producing properly.I will tell you that I am a little nervous about it because of the hemoglobin results today. I feel better than I have since long before I went to the hospital. I am not back to normal yet but all things considered, I feel great. I would ask you to pray that the bone marrow test yields positive results. The doctor has hinted (on occasion) at atransplant operation, which would be very expensive and done at one of two Cleveland hospitals. I would also have to have medicaid in force if they would even take me. We applied back in December but they told us it would take 4-6 months to be approved. The doctor said I can have visitors now, although I would like to control that for a while. He also said that I am not neutrapenic anymore which means that I can have fresh fruits and veggies again. YEAHHHH!!!I am still pretty much confined to the house. Janice has let me drive several times recently, and that has helped. I do not need to wear my surgical mask anymore for susceptibility purposes. Also, on a lighter note, the other day I noticed that my bald head was not cold even though I was not wearing my usual green(with a shamrock) stocking-ski hat. I have worn it to bed regularly up until last Saturday. I'm doing income taxes today and we will not be as far off as we have been the past several years (Praise the Lord!). Only the Lord knows why. Thanks for listening to me ramble on. Again, we appreciate so very much, your prayers and cards. Thank you so much.
In His care,

Steve and Janice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home