II Corinthians Twelve

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Home-coming, from Steve

Dear Family and Friends,I guess Heidi beat me to it....Telling you I'm home....Finally! Janice brought me home last night at about 6:30pm, via Arby's. We have to see the doctors (yes, plural) this AM, and have some meds to purchase. Then we have to figure out the med schedule (you would think the drs. would have set that very clearly before we left). Anyway, we will be busy for a few days just getting into a routine (different from the hospital routine). Some of the meds are just short term (this week), and otherswill be lifetime. I had a hard time getting to sleep last night. Janice said she read someplace where long term hospital stays are not unlike getting out of jail (psychologically). I finally fell asleep in front of the TV some time after 4am. Thanks to my sister I had a nice new recliner to sleep in. In some ways it was a lot like the hospital bed, not flat and with a hard surface. Without my hair I have to wear a stocking cap (just like in the hospital), to keep my head warm. I was surprised to find it still on my head this morning. I will also wear a hoodie to bed. It keeps my neck warm. One of the other things that I have noticed is how very weak I am with regard to normal everyday activities. Two times up and down the stairs and I was breathing hard. I am hoping to nap only up to the early afternoon, so I will be ready to sleep when it is time. That will not be easy since I am used to a different schedule. Light snow here, and the low 20's, and I'm not allowed to go out and play. Not even to brush the snow off the car. Ahhhh...well. Wait on the Lord, be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart. WAIT....I say, on the Lord!!!!Thanks so much for your cards and prayers. They mean so much to Janice and me. It is one of the learning experiences for me. More on that later.
In His care,
Steve and Jan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home