II Corinthians Twelve

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Good morning!

(Picture of Dad with his Dad)
Hey All! Sometime today Dad will be having a procedure to remove his Hickman catheter and put a new one in a new place. ALL the doctor's are in agreement that it may be the site of infection that is keeping Daddy from feeling good. They have been wanting to do it since a week after they put it in but they needed to get the chemo done. Since he will still have more chemo to go through over the next few months, they can't just remove it all together. They need to put a new one in. He sounds great today and I think he is doing well. Over a week ago there was an electrical fire outside of the hospital, just outside Dad's window. He watched it for a while but this caused the hospital to be without power. They told Dad that it would be two or three days before they got it fixed but it turned out to be a week and a day before they finally got the power restored. I guess it finally came back on at about 11:45 PM last night. I can't believe they took so long to restore power to a hospital. Now they had some pretty HUGE generators in order to run emergency power resources but still.....
We are looking forward to the news that Dad can go home this weekend. Dad is looking forward to being able to sit in his new recliner. THANKS AUNT CAROL!!!!!
Well, Lots to do today! When I know anymore, I will be sure to post an update!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home