II Corinthians Twelve

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Blog Notes

Dear Family and Friends,
Today is the best I have felt since I have come home. That does not mean I'm out of the woods yet, but it does mean that I am making progress.There are times when I am feeling the "cabin fever". And I would like to be able to sleep better. I try to stay up from early afternoon so that I am sleepy when it is bedtime. Also, to be brutally honest, there are mind games going on that really tax my faith. The Lord gave me a promise the other day to combat my fears:"What time I am afraid, I will trust in Thee", Ps.56:3. I have also given myself a second spiritual project. The first has been one of my "exercises unto godliness", and that is to read the Bible through in a year. With all the time I have I'm quite a ways ahead. The second project is to finish a lesson on each of the books of the Bible, including 5 in Genesis, since it is so foundational to our faith. I finished the outline for the first in Genesis today. It is probably the most difficult since it had to deal with evolution and how the Bible deals with the subject. These lessons, or messages, will be designed for use in regular church services, either AM, PM, or a study time.
Janice took me out for a ride today. We took some of the back roads to see the countryside. It was quite sunny when we started, and since I was feeling good, we decided to stop at Wal-Mart. When we finally got back the weather had changed to blustery, overcast, and cold. I have a doctor's appointment on Monday. That should tell us a lot, and I will be sure to pass on the info to you. We also have a neat football game this weekend. Since I have to be home I will see it in its entirety. BUT, I will not miss out on the spiritual exercise that WOULD be church if I was going to be there. I owe the Lord ....Thanks so much for your prayers and cards. Your care for us at this time means so much.
In His care,
Steve and Jan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home