II Corinthians Twelve

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

From the Desk of Steve

Dear Family and Friends,
One more day in the books at home!! Yeeeeaaaahhhhh!!!!Although for some reason I have trouble getting to sleep at night. Monday night it was after 4AM that I finally dozed off. Last night I decided to use the "electronic tube" for a sleep aid and slept at about 2am. At 3:45am I awoke and decided the bed would be more comfortable. Praise the Lord for a reasonable nights sleep. Yesterday, Janice and I went "out" (actually I stayed in the car) and stopped for meds and groceries. I read the paper while she was in the various places. It was good to get out and see the town from a different perspective. For those of you who do not know, I was on the 8th floor of the hospital with a view south. My room was the farthest one toward the west, so I liked to think of it as my "penthouse". If you called you know that I answered the phone, " Curtis's Penthouse". I got a giggle from some the"OFFICIAL" people who called. I am still grasping with the fact that my body is in the "re cooperation"stage. Therefore I have to think REST, although my body reminds me on aregular basis. I just have to learn to listen. Thanks again for your prayers and cards. With the Lord's help and your encouragement we'll get through this. I do not expect to be back to normal (whatever that is) until mid to late summer. If it comes sooner,"Praise the Lord!!!"
In His care,
Steve and Jan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home