II Corinthians Twelve

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Note from Daddy

Dear Family and Friends,
2-5-07 8:30pm
Janice took me to the oncology doctor today.
They took a sample of my blood and then we saw the doc. He is a short
man from India, Dr.Garg by name, and is well known for his work in the field
of cancer in the area. He also is well liked by those who work with him.
At any rate, basically he said that all the blood numbers are good(going up),
and that he would see me in another week. He wanted to know, and,
of course I told him, that I was feeling good and that all my systems
were working properly. At least they seem to be. My weight is down
some, even from when I was in the hospital. I am trying
to eat as much as possible but I get full quickly. We also talked about
the maintenance chemo treatment I will be getting at the end of the
month. I should be back in the hospital for 7-10 days again. We shall see.
Most of my time at home is spent at my desk, either reading or
studying. I am working on a series which would teach one message
from each book in the Bible except Genesis, and I'm just about finished
with the second of five in Genesis. It is an important book because it lays
the foundation for everything in the Bible. If you do not believe the first twelve
chapters in Genesis, you will not believe much else of importance in
the Bible. Please continue to pray for me as the assault from the flesh and the
Devil continues. Worry and anxiety are thrown my way often. I want to
be faithful, but sometimes its hard. The Lord reminded me of His faithfulness
when I found the verse in Psalms,"What time I am afraid I will trust in Thee."
56:3. Ps.55:22. "Cast thy burden upon the Lord and He shall sustain thee; He
shall never suffer the righteous to be moved." And, lastly
Ps.57:1B."yea,an the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these
calamities be past." I did watch the Superbowl, and for what it is worth, the
team I was rooting for lost. I like to root for the underdog, and I like to see
a team win. There is no doubt in my mind that Peyton Manning was the MVP.
And he also carried his offense, even though he did all he could to say it was a
team win. If the quarterbacks had been evenly matched, the score would have
been different. Oh, well! The cold weather here continues to keep
people indoors.
I remind myself of that as I look outside. The sun has
been nice at the back door, but I can feel the cold air coming off the
window. One last thought: we made application for Medic-aid some
weeks ago. The approval has not come though and we've been told
that it takes along time(4-6) months. We will need it soon to pay some
bills, and perhaps in the near future for some other "stuff". Please pray
that the Lord would intervene and that the approval would come through
in a timely fashion. Thanks again so much for your prayers and cards.
We do appreciate the encouragement.
In His care,
Steve and Janice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home