II Corinthians Twelve

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Blog Notes 2/19/07

Dear Family and Friends,
Today's activities were longer than planned. The doctor's appointment went well. He was very encouraging about my situation. He did order a CT-scan for tomorrow which is set in exactly the same room or area that my bone marrow test is also taking place. The issue will be whether or not the pain medication from the bone marrow procedure will interfere with the dye that will be used in the CT-scan. We can always put off the CT-scan to another day. I am going to let you all help me with a real issue that I am facing. Most who know me might think that I am a pretty laid back person. However, there are things that really bother me. I am susceptible to panic attacks of various types. For instance, while attending the wedding of a friend in the reception room which was far too small for the number of people, I happened to glance up and notice the exit sign on the other side of the room. My imagination immediately whipped into gear and saw a fire break out, and the resulting difficulty in getting all of those people out of the building. All of a sudden my heart was racing and I was having difficulty getting my breath. After a few minutes of very energetic mental gymnastics, I was able to calm down and enjoy the rest of the evening. I am also considerably claustrophobic which could have contributed to the problem. Having said all that, I want you to know that the issue of the bone marrow biopsy and the possible need of a bone marrow transplant has my nervous system on edge. I have actually put myself into situations where the adrenaline flows freely: like standing on third base wanting desperately to steal home( I tried twice and was out both times); or,standing on a three meter diving board thinking about attempting a halfgainer for the first time. After several failed attempts I finally did it. While I was in Bible school I was challenged to go to a particular mission field which was described as the most difficult in the world, mentally. I went into my room, got down on my knees, and told the Lord that I felt I had a strong mind and body and if He wanted me to go there I would. The rest is history. And I now feel that I would not have done much better than the 21 missionaries that left that field, most due to mental issues. Also, for those of you who know me, know also that I can quote all those verses that apply to this situation. Phil.4, I Pet.5, Matt.6, Jn.14, etc.For all the years behind me I have never really seriously thought of asking someone, or some ones, to pray for me. Perhaps that is one of the issues that I needed to learn from this entire experience. At any rate, I am asking for prayer. Not that God would change the situation, but that He would give me grace to have the peace that passes understanding, as Paul talks about in Phil.4:6,7. I want very much to be a testimony to Jesus' love and grace and faithfulness throughout my time of testing .Knowing that you are praying in that direction will help very much. In fact, just telling you this has helped immensely. I believe James talks about "Confess your faults one to another..." So...here I am, in need of your help. I will keep you posted as to outcome of the testing. The doctor appointment for that is not until Monday the 26th of Feb., or unless he calls sooner. I have one final note for you this time. All good!!! We have been informed by the parents involved that my son Ed, and his wife Tina are expecting in October. And the little story that goes along with it says that while they (Ed and Tina) were discussing the subject, in a way that would keep the news from their daughter, Melanie, that she piped up and said"Baby?!!" Leave it to kids!!! I will say it once more: Thank you so much for your prayers and cards.
In His care,
Steve and Janice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home