II Corinthians Twelve

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Friday, March 23, 2007

News

Oh dear friends, how I hate to have to write this to you. The bone marrow biopsy told us that the leukemia has not gone away. The chemo therapy did not do it's job. The doctors have told Dad that there isn't any more they can do. Dad was able to sit down with the doctor and tell him that he had been saved since he was a little boy and he was not afraid of dying because he is going to heaven. Dad told me that he had been wanting this three weeks ago. He has been in so much pain and so uncomfortable. We don't have much more information then that. They are sending Daddy home as soon as Hospice can get into the house to set up everything he will need. We do not know a time line yet but you can bet that I will post it as soon as I know it. My siblings will all be coming home as soon as they can so please pray for their safety. Mom and Dad have talked about this a lot so they are probably more prepared for it then the rest of us. I would ask you to reread the note he wrote back in February when we got this news the last time. I am sure it all still applies. If you can't get to that posting, let me know and I will re-post it. Please pray for comfort and strength through these next few weeks. We love you all and thank you so much for all your prayers. We know God can do anything but fail, so even if Dad goes on to heaven, we know it is God's will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home