II Corinthians Twelve

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

News on Dad

Hey all,
I just got an e-mail from Momma. She informed me that she can't always tell me how Dad is doing over the phone because he is right there and sometimes he gets upset. I guess the doctors are more concerned right now about the infection and so him not eating has been put on the back burner. He did keep down some cottage cheese and peaches. He is still in a lot of pain and so they are still giving him pain meds which make him loopy and he starts talking nonsense. Sometimes he realizes what he is saying and he will laugh but if he doesn't realize it and Momma laughs, he gets mad. Momma is walking a tightrope and it is making her very tired.
The doctors are going to give Dad some medicine for the infection that can cause "the shakes" and Momma was thinking that she would have to stay all night but the nurse told her that they would take care of him. She really needs to go home and sleep. they are giving him some pain meds that should knock him out to keep "the shakes" under control and let him sleep.
Daddy has been taking trips down memory lane and has people in his room whom he hasn't seen in years. He is busy digging trenches and driving school buses and stuff like that. Momma thinks that he sleep isn't very restful because his mind is so active.
I think that is all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home