II Corinthians Twelve

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

From Aunt Carol

Steve's sister Aunt Carol here. I thought you'd like to read how we spent last weekend. Saturday evening we grilled burgers and hot dogs in the beautiful warm weather. EVERYONE was there: all four kids and their families, Janice and me. After the little ones went to bed, the adults stayed up to play a board game and talk. Steve wasn't able to join us, but we took turns visiting him in his room. On Sunday morning, Marcus volunteered to stay home with Steve while everyone else went to church. It was a little hectic getting everyone scheduled for showers, but Doug even managed to set up a group photo shoot of all the grand kids in their church finery. Janice really enjoyed getting out and visiting church friends. Sunday afternoon, Heidi, Doug and their children went home. Before they left we enjoyed a wonderful braised steak dinner with mashed potatoes and green beans provided by the Presbyterian church Hope Circle folks. Following dinner, we held a little Sunday night church service of our own, featuring a hymn sing, with Janice playing the piano and everyone calling out favorites. Marc read Psalm 118. Steve listened from his room, and later declared it "super!"
As Heidi reported, the evaluation results Monday were very encouraging. Steve's extreme fatigue is caused by the low white blood count, which also makes him so susceptible to infection. Thus the reason we have to limit visitors. There is much to be thankful for, and your prayers are so welcome. Thank you for your faithfulness and friendship. -- Aunt Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home