II Corinthians Twelve

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Just some talk

I know many of you are anxious for any kind of news every day. I am so sorry that there are times when I go days without posting anything new. It is very hard for me to come up with things to post when we are going about our daily lives. Granted, our daily lives have changed in many ways, especially Mom and Dad's.
Since the whole family was home this week I will go over some of the highlights with you all. Tuesday night Marcus came up and got the kids and I and took as back to Mom and Dad's. His family and Melody and Joe and their kids were there already. By Wednesday morning I decided that a crowded house where there couldn't be much noise wasn't a good place for the kids right then so I called my sister in law and she drove down to get them. By Wednesday night, everyone, including aunt Carol, had gotten to Mom and Dad's except Doug, who had to work and couldn't make it that evening. Mom and Dad's church family came to the house at about 5:30 to sing a few songs out on the front lawn. They first sang Happy Birthday to my mother and presented her with a birthday cake. Dad made the effort to get up out of bed and sit in the dining room so that he could enjoy the singing and sing along. There were tears. Thursday, the Hospice nurse came in to take some blood but that took quite a bit longer since she had trouble with Daddy's veins. Once she had finished we were all a a little worried and so the plans we had made for Mom's birthday, got put on hold. instead, we ordered lunch from bob Evans, Momma's favorite restaurant. Thursday afternoon, Ed had to take his van up to Burton to get some work done on it. Since we live down the street from the dealership, he dropped his van off and walked over to our house and picked up our van and drove it back down to my parents so I would have a vehicle. We also waited to hear the results of the blood work. We eventually had to call them since they never got back to us. The neighbors brought over a nice lasagna meal for Momma's birthday dinner and afterwards, we had the birthday cake from the church family and she opened cards from everyone. Mom was kind of sad because she didn't want to have a big noisy party without Dad. We totally understood that so we kept it low key.
On Friday, Mom had a doctor's appointment for her knee which has been giving her some bad pain. Aunt Carol took her to that and the 4 girls, with Melanie and Hosanna in tow went to the mall in order to fulfill Dad's wishes concerning Momma's birthday. Dad wanted to get her some more casual church dresses. So we girls went into JCPenney's and split up looking for outfits for her. We each came back with at least two outfits or items. We piled in to a handicapped dressing room and hung them up so we could decided which to get her. Melody had found the less formal dresses that Dad had wanted and so those were immediately put aside to keep for Daddy's gift to her. There were 4 more outfits that we had to go thru. A red pants suit, a pink skirt suit, a blue light weight sweater with a matching skirt and a brown and blue dress with a cardigan and a green floral skirt and matching plain green top. We were able to choose the pink floral skirt suit and the red pants suit. Those two outfits were gifts from all of us kids. The girls had a great time together. It will be a good memory. We got home and showed the dresses to Dad and he presented them to Momma. Then we gave her the two outfits that we had picked out for her. After that, I packed up my stuff and headed to Huntsburg to get my kids and spend the night with my family. I also had a open house/shower that I needed to attend for a family friend who is becoming a foster parent It was nice to visit with that family as they are old family friends who we don't get to visit with very much. I was able to convey the whole families congratulations. After the party, I went back to our apartment, packed up our stuff and the kids and headed back to Mom and Dad's. Doug was behind me by about 40 minutes. He brought his camera with him. once we got to Mom and Dad we ate and the kids played. It wasn't long before it was bedtime. The kids went to bed and Aunt Carol headed to her hotel room for some much needed sleep. We all should have gone right to bed but we weren't sure when the next time the 8 of us would be together so we gathered around for a chance to talk. Many topics were covered and we were up a lot later then we should have been. Doug and I went for a late night walk. Something we used to do before the kids came along and we don't usually get the opportunity so we took it. Needless to say many of us had a very hard night, sleep wise. In fact, I got NO SLEEP. Sunday morning we had made plans to get pictures of the grand kids all together. They also got some individual pics. The picture with all 6 grandchildren was very difficult and Doug isn't sure that he got a decent one but hopefully he got one that he can use as a basic and then he will cut and paste and work his magic on so that Momma and Daddy have a good picture of all of their Grandchildren. Everyone got to church at the times they wanted to. I took Mom to just the morning service. I hadn't planned on going at all since I hadn't gotten any sleep but went anyway so Momma could get there. After church was lunch and then Doug took my kids home. The other kids went down for quiet time. I had brought with me some old family home videos from past Christmases and other family functions so we took the time during quiet time to watch some of those. We got some supper together when those were done and ate. After supper, I packed up and headed home because I didn't want to be driving in the dark when I was so tired. The plan at Mom and Dad's was to have a time of singing hymns and scripture reading instead of attending an evening service. I would have liked to stay for that but I knew it would probably be late before they got started and I was already home when they did finally get everyone together to do that.
As far as today goes. I think Melody and Joe were working on packing up their stuff because Joah, the youngest has gotten a cold and they want to get him to the doctor and keep his germs away from everyone if they can. Ed has to come up here and pick up his van and we are waiting for the doctors to come and examine Daddy. If they have a good report, then Marcus and Ed and their families will head back to their homes because of jobs waiting for them. I will head back down on Thursday or Friday and I believe Aunt Carol may leave on Thursday or Friday. She drove this time instead of flying so she can go whenever she wants to.
I think this has updated you all on the past week's goings on in the Curtis household.

Some things to pray for: A good report from the doctor, Dad's ability to keep food in his stomach, safety for traveling family members. Dad also seems to be getting depressed. Pray that we will be able to keep his spirits up.

Some praises: Dad has been keeping oatmeal, PB & J and some other things down. In all of these items is some homeopathic supplement. It is called Glycomannan. This seems to be helping but we wont know until we hear back from the doctors. Mom has also been able to keep up with her household bills which is a big praise.

One last thing that I forgot. On Wednesday, Marcus had a meeting with the funeral director. Marcus generously took that task over from Momma. Please pray for Marcus. It can't be an easy thing to do. We are all trying to help but he has the responsibility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home