II Corinthians Twelve

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Monday, April 02, 2007

More

Hello friends. We spent the weekend with Mom and Dad. Everyone was together for the first time. Dad does seem to be doing better. There is a re-evaluation today and when we find out the results, we will have a better idea of the plans of the rest of the family. I do know that Joe and Melody have decided to go home because Joah has gotten a bad cough in his chest and they want to get that taken care of. The kids and I will probably head down at the end of the week. If the report is good, Ed and Marc and their families will head home. aunt Carol is planning on going home near the end of the week and we don't want to leave them all at once.
Dad seems to be pretty down. Momma is a little worried about it. I suggested that she keep the blinds open and get Daddy up and in his chair at least once a day.
I had better go for now. I will let everyone know when we hear the results of the re-evaluation

1 Comments:

Blogger Lauri said...

Dearest Family,
I know I haven't written - in all honesty I haven't really known what to say - but I've read every blog and have been praying for all of you during these many months. You have been on our church prayerlist as well, so you've been well covered! Though the news is hard, I know we are all trusting in the Lord and accepting that this may well be Steve's final days with us on earth. Part of me is a little bit jealous because heaven is the place I long to be more and more with each passing day! But it's hard to have someone we love leave us, so the whole thing is bittersweet. Steve has been a real joy to us over the years, truly the 'glue' that has kept the Curtis family together for so long. That has meant more to me personally than he might be able to guess; please tell him I said so the next time he's up for some encouragement. Mom and I are considering coming for a quick visit if it wouldn't be too much for everyone. We are thinking possibly this Wednesday or Friday afternoon if either of those days would work. Please let us know if that would be convenient and/or welcome; if not, we'll certainly understand, but if it would be okay, we'd love to come just to say "hi, and we love you". We'd also like to bring you something that isn't sloppy joes! :-) Please let us know one way or the other, okay?
With love,
Lauri

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home